First cycle (Bachelor’s) programmes

Admission of part-time programme

Brief information

First cycle programme (BA) lasts six semesters and leads to professional title of a licencjat. This is the Polish equivalent of the Bachelor’s degree. To obtain this degree students need to prepare and defend their bachelor thesis.

CUE offers the following part-time Bachelor’s programme:

  1. Corporate Finance and Accounting
  2. Global Finance and Accounting
  3. International Business

Part-time (evening) programmes are held from Friday (after 3.30 pm) till Sunday – 3-day sessions (an average of 10-11 session during one semester)

The launching of the programme is conditioned by an appropriate number of candidates.

Admisssion – general info

Enrollment for the first-cycle (BA) programmes is carried out on the basis of graduation (foreign certificates can be recognized by law) or on the basis of a relevant international agrement or the decision of recognition issued by the Board of Education in Poland.

Admission is based on the grades obtained at the secondary school-leaving examination, and the qualification procedure includes the following two subjects:

  1. contemporary foreign language, 
  2. optional: mathematics, informatics, chemistry, physics, geography, history or society knowledge,
  3. if the certificate of a school leaving examination indicates that more than one of the mentioned exams was taken, the subject taken into account is the one which results in a more favourable result.

Conversion of points

The points for gradudation certificates of secondary education are calculated by the University Enrollment Comittee and they determine admission to further qualification. For this purpose, contact the Teaching Department or check information below how you can convert points yourself. A maximum of 200 points can be granted for 2 subjects (100 points for 1 subject).

Check how you can convert your points

Please note that the launching of the programme is conditioned by an appropriate number of candidates

Candidates applying for admission to studies may apply to any number of major programmes, in accordance with the requirements set out below, but they may be admitted only to one major. Candidates are obliged to prioritise major programmes from the most preferred to the least preferred one. Admission to one of the programmes indicates that a candidate is not admitted to others.

The candidates who have graduated from foreign secondary schools or have taken international secondary school leaving examinations, in the event of being awarded their certificates at a later date, may be conditionally admitted to qualification procedures provided they submit a certificate confirming the fact they took the final examination, and having met that requirement, they may be conditionally admitted. Such persons are obligated to submit the original certificate (along with decision of recognition) and a translation into the Polish language by 30 September 2022.

Any further information about admission process is available at CUE’s Teaching Department, Kraków, ul. Rakowicka 27, Main Building, rooms 107-108, phone: +48 (12) 293 56 28, 293 54 25, e-mail: The Office is open from Monday to Friday form 9.00 to 14.00 (excluding Wednesdays).

More information about studies held in English (description of major of study, programmes of study) is available at International Programmes Office,

– e-mail:

Application process/Required documents

STEP 1: from 06.06.2022 to 04.09.2022

1. open your account on Internetowa Rekrutacja Kandydatów IRK (Online Candidate Admissions)

2. send to the Teaching Department ( the copies of the following documents:

  • certificate of graduating from secondary school (secondary education)
  • translation of the certificate into the Polish language (if you possess it)
  • results of the ZNO exam – applies only to candidates from Ukraine (if you possess it)
  • information confirming that the certificate entitles you to undertake studies in the country in which it is issued – it does not apply to documents issued in Ukraine and Belarus
  • a copy of your passport (page with a photo)
  • a copy of additional document – check what documents are required
  • English certificate – it does not apply to citizens of EU member states, holderds of the Card of the Pole, holders of the permanent residence or long-term EU residence

3. make payment of the admission fee (amount and individual account number available on your IRK account)


Make sure you meet qualification requirements – remember that only properly completed and paid-for forms are considered in the admissions process!

STEP 2: from 10.09.2022 to 13.09.2022

After the announcement of the list of candidates eligible for admission on 9 September 2022, persons expressing their will to undertake studies at the CUE shall submit the following documents:

  1. Secondary-school certificate (legalised, translated and recognized) – original and copy
  2. Statutory declaration confirming that the secondary-school certificate entitles the holder to apply for admission to university studies of any kind of university studies in the country in which the secondary-school certificate was issued. – original and copy – not applicable to certificates issued in Belarus and Ukraine
  • such document may be issued by the consulate or relevant ministry or education authorities of the country, within which education system  the certificate have been issued (in that case this document should be translated into Polish by a certified translator).
  • Declaration is not required if the proper information can be found on the graduation certificate of secondary education.
  1. Results of the ZNO exam – applies only to candidates from Ukraine (if you possess it) – original and copy
  2. Decision about recognition (“nostryfikacja”) of secondary-school certificate, issued by the Board of Education in Polandnot applicable to foreign certificates recognized by law or on the basis of a proper international agreement
  3. Proof of English language competence: English certificate (original and copy)  – it does not apply to citizens of EU member states, holderds of the Card of the Pole, holders of the permanent residence or long-term EU residence
  4. Copy of additional document – check what document
  5. Printout of personal questionnaire – from Online Candidate Admissions
  6. Personal questionnaire (download the form)
  7. Copy of passport/ID Card (page with photograph)
  8. Statement about citizenship (download the form)
  9. In the case of persons under age – a parent’s or legal custodian’s statement expressing their approval for a legal commitment to the University of Economics (download the form)

NOTE: Another person may submit documents on behalf of the candidate. In such a case  authorisation is required (download the form)


By 14.10.2022, admitted persons shall deliver:

Student electronic card will be issued after submission of the documents required in the step 3.


Documents required at the second step should be delivered in a special file folder which a candidate receives upon submitting documents.

Failure to submit documents required in step 2 is regarded as a candidate’s resignation from undertaking studies, resulting in the removal of a candidate from the list of persons qualified for admission.

Rejection decisions can be appealed to the Rector.

A candidate who is a student of the first cycle programme of a given major at the Cracow University of Economics may not apply for admission to the same major programme.

More information is available at CUE’s Teaching Department, Kraków, ul. Rakowicka 27, Main Building, rooms 107-108, phone: +48 (12) 293 56 28, 293 54 25, e-mail: The Office is open from Monday to Friday from 9.00 to 14.00 (excluding Wednesdays).

Application fee

Candidates shall make payment of application fees. In the academic year 2022/23 the fee is:

  • Application fee: 85 PLN for each chosen study programme

Depending on the number of study programmes, the system will calculate an appropriate amount of application fee.

The amount of application fee paid by a candidate must comply with the number of chosen study programmes! Otherwise, unpaid study programmes will not be considered in the admissions process.


  1. 1. Payments should be made into individual account numbers generated in Internetowa Rekrutacja Kandydatów/IRK – Online Candidate Admissions/.
  2. Only admission fees should be paid into an account generated in the IRK system. Payments for tuition, student residence halls or student IDs shall be made into another account. No application fee payments should be made into an IRK account belonging to another candidate.
  3. We advise you that the confirmation of the payment of your application fee will be displayed on your IRK account within 3 working days after the date of the transfer of funds.
  4. It is recommended that due amounts be transferred via a system that guarantees a prompt transfer of funds. Payments made on the last day of registration shall be considered eligible for the admission process.
  5. You are requested NOT to use cash deposit machines on CUE campus – they will not be paid into individual accounts or displayed in the IRK system!


Fees for Bachelor’s and Master’s studies held in English

All students enrolled in the studies held in English at a Bachelor’s and Master’s level are liable to payment of tuition fees. The tuition fees are the same for Bachelor’s and Master’s level.


Full-time studies:

· Tuition fee: 5500 PLN per semestr

The total fee is payable for the first semester, while payments in instalments are accepted for subsequent semesters.

· Student electronic card: 22 PLN


Part-time studies:

· Tuition fee: 5500 PLN per semestr

The total fee is payable for the first semester, while payments in instalments are accepted for subsequent semesters.

· Student electronic card: 22 PLN


Please state the title of payment: your name, surname and your individual application form number.

Important information

Legalisation of foreign documents of education

Legalisation is the certification of a document’s formal conformity with the law binding in the place of its issue or of the authenticity of the seals and signatures placed on the document. Legalisation of a document by the relevant authorities in the country in which it was issued increases its credibility.

1. Legalisation with Apostille

If a country in which a given document was issued is a party to the Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents, concluded in The Hague, the document’s legalisation is replaced by an Apostille certificate attached to it. The list of countries – parties to the Convention and the institutions authorised to issue the Apostille is available here:

2. Normal Legalisation

If a country in which a given document was issued is not a party to the aforementioned Convention, the document’s legalisation remains the responsibility of a Polish consular office in that country. Depending on the type of a document, Polish consular offices will use one of the three categories of legalisation clauses: full legalisation, standard legalisation, authentication.

More information about legalization or apostille is available here:

The list of Poland’s missions abroad is available at:

 Translation by a sworn translator

All official documents issued abroad should be translated into Polish by:

  • a Polish sworn translator registered on the list of translators published by the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Poland

The list of Polish sworn translators may be found here:

  • the consul of the Republic of Poland in the country in which documents were issued
  • a person registered as a sworn translator in an EU member state, an EFTA member state, an EEA member state, or an OECD member state.
  • an accredited diplomatic representative to Poland, or the consular office of the country in whose territory, or within whose educational system the documents in question were issued

Recognition of secondary-school certificate

Enrollment for the 1st degree studies is carried out on the basis of graduation certificate of secondary education (foreign certificates can be recognized by law or on the basis of a proper international agreement or the decision of recognition issued by the Board of Education in Poland).

Secondary education and entitlement for enrollment for studies in Poland are confirmed by:

  1. Certificates and other documents issued by school or educational institution functioning in the education system of European Union member countries, Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) member countries, European Free Trade Association (EFTA) member countries – parties of the agreement of European Economic Area (EEA), which enable enrollment for studies in this countries.

It applies for certificate of secondary education in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Great Britain, Hungry, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Turkey, USA.

  1. Certificates IB (International Baccalaureate) issued by the International Baccalaureate Organization in Geneva.
  2. Certificates EB (European Baccalaureate) issued by the European Schools, according to the Convention defining the Statute of the European Schools, issued in Luxemburg on 21st of June 1994 (Journal of Laws from 2005, No 3, item 10).
  3. Certificates included in the international agreements:

The Candidate who does not possess any of the above mentioned documents is obliged to make an official recognition (“nostryfikacja”) of his/her secondary-school certificate.

The “nostryfikacja” is done by the Board of Education, more information you will find at:

Procedure of recognition of the document

Recognition certificates were issued by the Board of Education to 30th of March 2015, now the Board of Education issues the decisions of recognition of the document issued abroad.

More information about the Recognition of Academic Qualifications may be found:

– on the website of the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education:

– on the ENIC-NARIC network website:

Health insurance:

All foreign students should have an insurance policy for sickness and accident in Poland. Such a policy should cover at least the first year of studies, amounting to 30,000 EUR for medical treatment throughout the insured period.

An insurance policy can be confirmed in the following way:

  1. an insurance policy with Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia NFZ, ul. Wadowicka 8W Kraków (the National Health Fund)
  2. The holders of the Card of the Pole admitted to studies should sign a contract with NarodowyFunduszZdrowia, and submit its copy to DziałNauczania(Unit for Teaching Administration) and DziałSprawBytowych (Unit for Student Living Issues).
  3. Persons who are not holders of the Card of the Pole may sign a contract with NarodowyFunduszZdrowiaand make premium payments on their own. A copy of a contract along with payment confirmations should be submitted to DziałNauczania.

To sign a contract with NFZ (the National Health Fund), a student needs the following documents: a certificate confirming admission to studies, PESEL number, a document confirming a student’s residence (e.g. a residence hall).

In the case of the holders of the Card of the Pole or the decision confirming Polish descent, an NFZ premium can be paid by the university.

Prior to a visit to NarodowyFunduszZdrowia, please check what documents are required for applying for an insurance policy.

The necessity to check required documents applies, in particular, to persons under age!

  1. An insurance policy covering the costs of medical treatment in Poland in the amount of 30,000 EUR.

An insurance policy issued abroad must be translated into the Polish language.

  1. A certificate issued by an employer, confirming the payment of a premium.
  2. European Health Insurance Card (in respect of EU citizens)

Legalization of stay:

All foreign students who wish to study in Poland are required to legalize their stay.

–  The citizens of the EU and Switzerland are only required to register their stay;

–  Non-EU foreigners must hold an entry visa or a temporary stay permit.

Online Candidate Admissions/Internetowa Rekrutacja Kandydatów